Virtual Secondary Constructing Meaning Leadership Seminar
June 6, 2022
June 20, 2022
August 1, 2022
This seminar is specifically designed to prepare participants to support colleagues in planning, refining, and delivering instruction using the Secondary Constructing Meaning approach.
Through E.L. Achieve’s online learning center and live virtual sessions, participants will deepen their understanding of:
- Explicit language instruction
- Academic literacy
- Teaching tips for promoting student academic discourse
- Effective instructional planning using the Constructing Meaning approach
Participants will be part of a vibrant professional learning community, working on small-group virtual projects and refining practice through one-on-one virtual support.
Virtual Secondary CM Seminar Structure:
Eligible to Apply:
- Work in districts implementing Secondary Constructing Meaning
- Have completed a five-day Secondary Constructing Meaning Institute
- Wish to support implementation in their district
Leadership Seminar Certification Requirements:
- Develop and present a continuing learning session that supports colleagues with key Secondary Constructing Meaning concepts
- Submit a Secondary Constructing Meaning lesson that models all skills
- Actively participate in all components of Secondary Constructing Meaning Leadership Seminar
Upon successful completion of the seminar requirements, participants will become part of their certified district leadership team and help guide site and classroom implementation.
Certified Leaders may be invited to participate in a formal apprenticeship process to become Certified Presenters for their districts. All potential presenters must successfully complete the apprenticeship process before they can become certified.
Certification is valid for one year and may be renewed annually by remaining active in the E.L. Achieve community. To maintain certification, leaders must:
- Support implementation through coaching, collaborative planning, or leading follow-up sessions
- Attend an annual E.L. Achieve Symposium with district team
- Contribute to E.L. Achieve’s online professional community