Virtual K-12 Systematic ELD Institute
November 2, 2021
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order for Systematic ELD Units.
Systematic ELD offers a robust K-12 English Language Development curriculum carefully designed to provide foundational and academic English instruction. The curriculum addresses three broad proficiency levels, using grade-appropriate topics and a clear vision of instruction. During the five-day institute, teachers develop an understanding of the thinking behind the Systematic ELD curriculum so they can refine instruction to best meet the needs of their students.
Through E.L. Achieve’s online learning center and live webinars, participants deepen their understanding of:
- Current research on second language acquisition
- Explicit language instruction
- Teaching tips for student engagement during virtual learning
- Effective instructional planning using the Systematic ELD Instructional Units
We will have live virtual sessions each day from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Live Zoom), asynchronous work 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm, and 2:00 pm-3:00 pm (Live Zoom) Pacific Time. In the early afternoon, you will engage in reading, video viewing, and lesson planning. We will discuss those tasks when we meet at the end of the day. See Institute Overview for more details.
Teacher Day 1: November 2, 2021
Teacher Day 2: November 3, 2021
Teacher Day 3: November 30, 2021
Teacher Day 4: January 11, 2022
Teacher Day 5: February 1, 2022
$1250.00 per person (Participants must attend all days. There will be no substitutions once the series begins.)
Required materials, sold separately:
- K-12 Systematic ELD Handbook
- Grade-specific Support Kit
- Systematic ELD Instructional Units – Please contact us at email@example.com to place your order for Systematic ELD Units.
Note: Participating districts must schedule the Instructional Leader Strand separately for their specific system.